I got this idea from Stephanie Klein's blog.
Things I learned from my father:
1. I don’t need to learn to change my own oil because I’ll make enough money to pay someone else to do it.
2. Even he got Cs in school.
3. Boys have no social graces.
4. The monsters come out at night.
5. It’s ok to cry.
6. Not to call names.
7. How to drive a tractor.
8. Sometimes you have to do things you don’t like to do.
9. How to drive a manual transmission.
10. To make sure the horizon line is completely horizontal when taking a photograph.
11. Capillary action.
12. To enjoy smooth jazz.
13. To shred credit card applications before trashing them.
14. To read a map.
15. To use a computer.
16. That I can’t live without an Apple computer.
17. Reasons the refrigerator might not be working.
18. Economics (even though I still don’t really get it).
19. What it means to be a Democrat or a Republican.
20. x times x equals x squared.
21. What quality stereo sounds like.
22. To use a level, a voltmeter, and an electric drill, among other things.
23. How to pick up dog poop.
24. How to balance a checkbook.
25. To pump gas.
26. To pack by rolling things.
27. To love hockey.
28. How to ride a bike.
29. To get up and walk around when on a long flight.
30. How to fish.
31. How to get something out of the sink drain pipe.
32. To appreciate the fantastic-ness of Home Depot.
33. How to paint a wall.
34. How to pitch a tent, light a lantern, and light a stove.
35. How to pack to go camping.
36. To dig a trench around the tent if it’s going to rain.
37. Cats are awesome.
38. That I can do anything I put my mind to.
39. That education is important.
40. Not to “burn bridges” because you never know who you may have to work for in the future.
41. “There is a certain amount of money that causes all loyalty to go out the window.”
42. Don’t walk through oil spots in parking spaces
43. Avoid pot holes.
44. Unconditional love.
1 comment:
I love it!!
Post a Comment