Monday, June 23, 2008

Reality?

I am SO over all the stupid, new reality shows that are coming out. Television producers must be smoking some major crack these days. Celebrity Circus, Wipe Out, I Survived a Japanese Game Show. You have GOT to be kidding me. I will not watch any of these shows. I seriously cannot believe that new reality shows continue to be rolled out. I thought that it would be a phase, but apparently the American people are not yet tired of all the lame, unintellectual bullshit. Just one more thing to dumb the people down and keep them in front of the television. I wish it would all just go away.

J

5 comments:

Jen said...

I agree 100%. I find it slightly depressing actually, but it makes me appreciate the good shows, wherever they are....

Anonymous said...

I am with you on this. I need most of these shows to go away, ASAP. nice blog, by the way.

Julie w said...

My husband would overwhelmingly agree with you. I, on the other hand, quite enjoy certain reality shows and get totally into them. I even screamed when Kelly Clarkson won the first idol. I do have to say, however, that the newest one coming out, the one about the most amazing dog, has me rethinking the whole reality thing. I honestly can't believe they've taken it this far. At first I thought it was a fad as well but I think the writers and producers know how addicting they are and will continue to pursue making them until the demand dies down. Thanks for letting me comment. I found your website off of Dooce's website. Don't you just love her blog? It's awesome. Nice tribute to your dad as well.

Julie said...

julie - I definitely agree that there are some good reality shows out there. I started watching Idol this past season at the recommendation of my dad of all people. You better believe I was voting each week. :) I also love Super Nanny. I'm stockpiling all the good advice for when I have kids. I also became addicted to The Bachelorette this past season because it's like a train wreck you can't stop staring at. LOL. Some parts were good, but most of the guys were unbelievable!

Anonymous said...

Here via dooce ;)
I've got to say that while I find most reality tv to be terrible, there are some shows which reward creativity rather than acting like an asshat.

Although, when it comes to asshats, Wipe Out is hilarious. I wish it wasn't but it really, really is. It also looks like a lot of fun.