Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday Fragments

So I've been absent for a long while because I've been SUPER busy. Work has been keeping me busy, so I don't have time to blog during the day. Then I've had stuff going in the evenings - physical therapy, weight watchers meetings, visiting my nephew, dinner with friends and family, being lazy, and last night I actually went to the gym!

Since I haven't been around and there's nothing majorly important for me to report, I'll just do a little "fragment" post.

I was also sick for a while. it's weird cause I didn't really have any symptoms... I found two large, painful bumps on my head right behind my right ear. I found them only because I felt pain when I was washing my hair in the shower. Over a few days they seemed to be getting larger, so I went to the doctor. Now other than a little bit of pain due to touching it, I had no other symptoms. The doctor said it was likely due to an infection, so he prescribed an anti-biotic. First the medication reeked havoc on my digestive system, if you know what I mean - without getting too graphic. It was so unpleasant I stayed home from work one day. The doctor said I could take acidophilous supplements and eat yogurt. I knew that antibiotics killed that stuff, but I had no idea that that's what cause the, uh, digestive issues. And it turns out that I'm allergic to that particular anti-biotic. Yeah, that weekend I broke out in a horrible, itchy rash over my whole body except my neck, face, and lower legs. It was so horrible that I attempted to sleep for the 3 days that I had it because I didn't want to feel my skin. I ended up taking another day off work because of that. I called the doctor and he prescribed a quick, 5-day antibiotic to take since I'd discontinued the first one. He said, "You'll need to remember that you're allergic to Keflex." Ummm... no shit! Thanks for the advice!

My nephew gets more adorable each day. He was 6 months old on August 9. He had his 6 month check-up a few days later, and.... he is the size of an average 14 month old!! He's 22 lbs and 29 inches long!! That is a BIG baby! Here he is with his uncle Brandon, my step-brother.

In other news, facebook is getting a little crazy... my best friend's grandma, a few old folks from church, and the pastor of the church I grew up in have added me on facebook! Guess I won't be swearing on my facebook page! I would feel bad deleting them, so I won't. I'll just live my life like a lady, as I should anyway... :-P

Oh! I did do something crazy, ridiculous, out-of-character! I got a tattoo! It's on my wrist. It's an ichthus, Greek for fish. The Greek spelling is IXOYE (Iota Chi Omega Upsilon Sigma)... the five Greek letters stand for the words meaning: Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior. This symbol was first used by early Christians in the 1st and 2nd centuries. For more info see this page.


I went to San Diego with 3 of my girlfriends to attend a wedding of a girl we grew up going to church with. It was the most gorgeous, and likely most expensive wedding I'm sure I will ever attend. The bride's dad is a big dog at a software company here in Silicon Valley. It was a nice weekend away! I don't really like this picture of me, but whatever. I'm a giant compared to all the other girls! Yes, I'm 5'11".


I haven't been doing so well with Weight Watchers, but I've finally decided to get my butt in gear, hence the trip to the gym last night. I'm tired of HATING photos of myself. I'm disgusted... and that, that is really sad. My friend and I went to the Palo Alto Festival of Arts this weekend and this guy who worked at Comcast tried to pick up on us. He was 100% the stereotypical salesman. He gave us his business card and I looked him up on facebook. He had some photos from the past, and he looked super hot, and super fit in those pictures. Now he's got the beer gut and the chubby face. I hate to be superficial, but it's amazing how much a little fat can take a gorgeous person and make him less than attractive. So that was the motivation I needed. Thank you chubby Comcast salesman for making me want to see the hot chick who's hiding under the fat!

Peace and love.
J

4 comments:

Kori said...

Oh my heck, I had no idea you were that TALL! and for what it is worht, while I "get" the motivation and am glad you found it, I still think you are gorgoues, always have. And BTW, Steve thinks you are pretty, too. :)

Kori said...

And also for what it is worth, I like the tatoo. And tomorrow I am going to work on my spelling.

Julie said...

hahaha. Thanks Kori! and thanks to Steve too! :)

April said...

If you want to friend me on FB, you can come curse on my wall whenever you feel the urge :)