Friday, February 02, 2007

Fantastic Day

Today was pretty awesome. Today more than EVER I am SO thankful that I live one block from my office. In case you didn't hear, a construction crane fell on the northbound lanes of the 405 freeway today at about 1pm. All lanes were closed. ALL LANES OF THE 405 WERE CLOSED!! for 5 HOURS!! For those of you who don't know LA, the 405 is the lifeblood of So Cal. The only time there is no traffic is probably between 3am and 6am on Sunday. Seriously. As you can imagine, LA was pure madness today. Unfortunately I wasn't actually in my office, so I didn't get to just walk home. I was at a client's office 7 miles away. It took me an hour to get home when it usually takes 30 minutes. Wilshire Blvd East was backed up all the way to Beverly Hills, which is about 5 miles from the 405. Every street leading to Wilshire was backed up. Even though it still took an hour, I was so thankful I didn't still live downtown where I'd probably have to drive 2 hours to get home. The good news is that no one was killed or seriously injured in the accident.

And the most fantastic part of my day is that I'm getting a tax refund of about $1300. Yes, I know this is not good because it means I had too much money withheld for taxes and I didn't earn any interest on this money. I don't care. I AM JUST SO GLAD that I don't owe. I started doing my tax return last week based off my last paycheck, but apparently I had no idea what I was looking at because TurboTax said I owed $400. (I am NOT a tax accountant; I am an auditor.) So praise God that I'm getting a refund because I NEED that money! YAY!!

Peace and love.
J

No comments: