Sunday morning at church, Pastor Kent spoke on John 13:31-35, and I felt like his message was just for me. Isn't it crazy how God works? He is amazing. If I need to hear something, he will make sure that I get the message! The verses are as follows:
"We he (Judas) had gone out, Jesus said, "Now the Son of Man has been glorified, and God has been glorified in him. If God has been glorified in him, God will also glorify him in himself and will glorify him at once. Little children I am with you only a little while longer. You will look for me; and as I said to the Jews so now I say to you, 'Where I am going, you cannot come.' I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."
Pastor Kent said that glory comes from giving yourself up; making sacrifices; being humble. All these can be done with an attitude of love. Kent gave 5 suggestions for extending love to one another:
- Offer practical help/assistance. Employ common courtesies.
- Be present. Waste time with each other. Bear each others burdens, believe together, hope together.
- Have real interest. Put aside your own interests and take an interest in what others enjoy.
- Delight in one another. Delight in things with someone else. Share joy.
- Respect. No conditions. Simply - EVERYONE is created in the image of God.
Peace and love.
J
No comments:
Post a Comment