Thursday, December 04, 2008

Quite possibly the most absurd thing ever

The client's office I'm working at this week has 4 very wide parking spaces in front labeled "Visitor". My co-worker and I have been parking in those spots all week because we are, after all, visitors. Today the accounting manager asked that we no longer park in the visitor spots.

Why?

Because the CEO parks his fancy-ass Mercedes (or BMW... I didn't pay attention) in a visitor spot and he doesn't want any cars parked next to his because he's afraid his precious little car will get scratched.

Wait. I'm sorry. WHAT?!

WTF?! Are you kidding me? Dude, my car probably cost 1/4 of what yours cost, but I don't want to scratch your car as much I as I don't want my car scratched. And it's not like the parking spots are narrow. I seriously parked at least 3 feet away from the car. Wow. Just wow.

I mean, how can you live your life like that? How could it be satisfying to buy such expensive things that you waste your time that they're going to be dinged? I can't imagine that he'd ever drive it anywhere other than to the office where he has a super wide spot directly in front of his office window so he can keep his eye on it. Ridiculous!!

2 comments:

Kori said...

This kills me; I like to put little post-its on cars like that that say "You park like this because you are an asshole."

April said...

Sometimes I think that CEO's are a completely different species from the rest of us!