Sunday, November 01, 2009

100 Things About Me - The Giveaway Edition

Ok, so I had what I think is a genius idea for the giveaway celebrating my 3 year blogoversary and 100th post. I am going to list 100 things about me in honor of my 100th post. And you, the readers, need to leave a comment with 3 things from the list that you believe are not true. (Three things in honor of my 3rd year of blogging.) To help your chances of guessing correctly, I will not be listing only 3 false facts; I'll give you 10! And if I gave a sh*t, here is where I would tell you what your chances of choosing three incorrect things are. Unfortunately I'm on staycation, so I will not be calculating and providing that information. :-P

And because I'm exhausted and hopped up on Vicodin from having a tonsillectomy on Wednesday, I have not yet made the piece of jewelry that I'll be giving away. Yeah, I'm doing this all backwards, but that's what we get when my throat, mouth, jaw, teeth, ears, and head all hurt. I'm too busy being a zombie to make jewelry right now. Eventually I will create it and post a photo and give it it to the winner. Please bear with me.

Giveaway rules
1. Leave a comment indicating which three items from the list of 100 you think are false.
2. Leave your email address or link to your blog so I can get in touch with you if you win.
3. The winner will be announced in one week. I will also tell you which of the items are false.

If more than 1 person guesses 3 things or no one guesses 3 correct responses, I'll figure out another way to choose the winner.

And now, drum roll please... 100 Things About Me!

1. I am 5'11".
2. I have one brother
3. and four step-siblings.
4. I took gymnastics lesson during middle school.
5. I have passed all 4 of the CPA exams.
6. I scored 1240 on the SATs.
7. My joints are loose and susceptible to dislocation.
8. I graduated from high school in 2000.
9. After my parents divorced, I lived with my Dad and my brother lived with my Mom.
10. I had to apply 3 times before being accepted to attend Cal Poly.
11. My first car was my dad's 1982 Ford Ranger pick-up.
12. My second car was a 1992 Toyota Camry.
13. I currently drive a 2005 Honda Civic.
14. My dream car is a Camaro.
15. I like to think I'm pretty open minded and accepting.
16. I was sent by my employer to a seminar called "Managing Your Emotions Under Pressure".
17. I have attended 6 different colleges.
18. Since moving out of my dad's house in 2000 I have lived in 9 different apartments.
19. I have a Wii
20. and a Sega Genesis.
21. My hair is naturally curly.
22. I have been coloring my hair since at least high school.
23. Orchids are my favorite flower.
24. I am not interested in sky diving.
25. According to the Body Mass Index I am obese.
26. I love PartyLite candles.
27. My favorite movie is Garden State.
28. Will Ferrell is my favorite actor.
29. John Mayer is my favorite musician.
30. JJ Heller is a new favorite musician.
31. Grey's Anatomy is the one show I can't live without.
32. I prefer silver to gold.
33. My favorite gemstone is a black opal.
34. I passed my driving test on my first try when I was 16.
35. My college roommates got me to like country music.
36. May last vacation was to Kauai, Hawaii.
37. I love Chelsea Handler
38. and try to watch Chelsea Lately every night that I can stay up late enough.
39. I am irrationally afraid of large bridges.
40. I have no first cousins.

My hobbies include:
41. making jewelry
42. reading
43. watching TV
44. surfing the Internet
45. painting
46. photography

47. Men's cologne is irresistible.
48. I'm a PC person. (i.e. not a Mac person)

I have had the following jobs:
49. barista at Starbucks
50. smoothie maker at Jamba Juice
51. Receptionist
52. Accountant
53. Research Manager at a recruiting firm

I have lived in:
54. Los Angeles
55. San Luis Obispo
56. Santa Barbara
57. San Jose

58. I find Dimitri Martin hilarious.
59. I have the most adorable, chubby baby nephew EVER!
60. I occasionally like the way cigarettes smell.
61. I am a firm believer in bathing regularly.

I have traveled to:
62. Mexico
63. Suriname
64. Australia
65. New Zealand
66. South Korea
67. all 50 US states
68. Canada

69. I started enjoying baseball a few years ago - when the Red Sox were in the playoffs (and went on to win the World Series).
70. My favorite sport to watch is ice hockey.
71. I prefer flats to heels.
72. I'm a daddy's girl.
73. I have never done ecstasy.
74. My favorite drink is a margarita.
75. Yes, I love tequila.
76. My brother's fiancee asked me to be a bridesmaid in their wedding.
77. I grew up attending a Presbyterian church.
78. Most of my clothes are from Gap and Banana Republic.
79. I'm a hopelessly addicted to etsy.com
80. I'm a whore for cereal
81. and sweaters.
82. I have a pet iguana.
83. I hate working out.
84. The radio in my car is broken.
85. I have a cat who requires prescription diet food.
86. I can't walk out of Target without spending close to $100.

During my lifetime I have considered the following occupations:
87. Interior Designer
88. Editor
89. Teacher
90. CEO
91. CPA
92. Wedding Photographer

93. I love Scrabble.
94. I started babysitting when I was 11 years old.
95. I have framed on my wall a photograph of the plane my grandfather flew in WWII.
96. My favorite author is Barbara Kingsolver.
97. I have had 3 serious relationships (i.e. long-term boyfriends)
98. I live alone.
99. I love frozen yogurt.
100. My favorite cookies are peanut butter.

Again, to win:
1. Leave a comment.
2. Choose 3 things from the above list that you think are not true.

Good luck!
J

5 comments:

April said...

So, I was going to try and do this seriously, but I've decided to randomly pick 3.

78, 94, 6

marilyn said...

okey dokey. 3,67 and 82. and can't you just pick your fav. aunt currently living on brookhill drive, randomly?

Mikki said...

I am going to say 14, 60, 67!

marilyn said...

okay, so some guy from the hospital where you had your tonsils removed called and told me when you were in recovery you kept telling him how good he smelled, so i'm rethinking my position on men's cologne.

marilyn said...

oh, never mind, that wasn't one of my guesses :b