Yes, the day has FINALLY come! I am officially a Certified Public Accountant in the state of California! Woo hoo!!! Since the California Board of Accountancy (CBA) deposited my check for the initial license fee, I'd been checking the CBA's licensee page to see if they had posted my name. Because even though I passed all the tests and my application had been approved, I was expressly warned that I may NOT call myself a CPA until I had my certificate number. Well I got that number on Thursday morning. I was so excited I just wanted to squeal at my desk at work. I am so, so, SO relieved to be done with this!!!
In other news, yesterday, March 14, was my birthday. I'm a whopping 28 years old now. Ack! I'm almost 30!! For my birthday I finally got a new car stereo receiver. About 9 months ago the radio part of the receiver I had stopped working; and it was only a year and a half old at that time... for those of you who have been with me for a while, recall that my stereo was stolen out of my car right before Christmas 2007 when I was living in LA. Of course I didn't get the extended warranty at Best Buy, so I decided to just live with the CD player and AUX port that allowed me to play my iPod. But I have SO missed the radio. I have no clue what the popular tunes are right now. My brother said that's totally fine because there is nothing good on anyway. However, I do love a certain morning show, so now I can listen to that during my 12 minute commute! Oh, and the point I was getting at is that when I went to Best Buy to have the guy look at my busted stereo, I watched him remove it from the dash. Cut to me installing the new stereo just moments ago! I just LOVE being self sufficient!
Tuesday, March 16
So in the middle of writing this post at 7:30 yesterday evening I received a text from my friend that said, "Um, are you on your way over?" and I sent a text back, "Oh shit I totally forgot!!" I was supposed to have been at my friend's house for dinner at 7! So hastily I left the apartment and hopped in the car. I was pretty excited to be getting to listen to my new stereo while cruising down the freeway on a beautiful Spring evening. I was at a stop light about a half mile from my apartment listening to a rowdy song by Rihanna (lyrics NSFW) - hey, the beat is awesome, ok?! - and I see out of the corner of my eye that the guy in the car next to me is waving. I roll down my window and turned down my borderline obscenely loud music, and say "Hi..." He says, "Hey. How you doin tonight? Here take down my number before the light turns green." So I humor him and type his number into my phone. I say, "What is your name?" and think to myself it's a total deal-breaker when a guy doesn't ask my name before asking for my number/giving me his number.
However, I think about how I haven't been on a date since I went to a baseball game with that loser in September, and how I have no dates lined up in the foreseeable future. The light turns green, and my new "friend" Lavell says "Call me" before we both drive off. I'm not about to be the one to call him when he hit on me, so at the next stoplight I send him a text saying, "Here's my number". He texts back with, "How u doin"... um, I thought we already covered that back at the stoplight. I say, "Enjoying my new car stereo... obviously. You?" and he replies a bit later, "just got home"... and that was it. While at dinner at my friend's house I saw that I had a missed call from him at 9pm, but no voicemail... so I send a text saying, "I'm at a friend's house for dinner". He says, "Ok." and I haven't heard from him since. And now I totally regret sending him a text message in the first place, but whatever, it doesn't look like he's going to use my number. But thinking back... He hits on me at a stop light (ghetto) while I'm listening to some highly inappropriate lyrics (he probably thinks I'm a whore) and then he has nothing more to say than "how u doin" (degenerate). I would just like to say, as I'm sure you've all noticed here, I'm a HUGE spelling and grammar snob. I detest "text spelling" with the r and the u and the b4 and the lack of punctuation. It just breeds improper spelling and grammar in other aspects of life. Yes, I know, I admit it, I'm a snob. My coworkers today told me that I need to get over it and embrace the texting shortcuts because you have a limited number of characters and have to squeeze it all in whichever way possible. No. I protest. Honest to God, I could never marry a man who can't spell common words. And if a man can spell really well, instant brownie points in my book. Yes, I'm a nerd.
Quick tangent... in high school I had a major crush on a guy. My parents were getting divorced at the time and, of course, it was taking a toll on me. He wrote me an email one day saying something like, "I know how you feel. My parents got a devorse too." The crush instantly evaporated.
Anyway... Since my last post my Landy love has celebrated his first birthday. Somewhere around the beginning of January this little boy exploded with personality. He is the funniest thing ever right now!

Peace and love.
J
3 comments:
Um, plus, is his name really Lavell? Because eewww. Can you imagine calling THAT one out in bed? Gag.
I am so happy for you, my friend!
YAY!!! Congrats on being a CPA now! And happy belated bday.
I think it was good for you to go for it...and then write him off. Hope you're able to blog a little more now. I've missed you!
your landy is a cutie britches! and my julie is a CPA. and your auntie m is p r o u d and happy.
Post a Comment