So, ever since Salome left me a comment last week that I need to blog more, I've felt this overwhelming guilt and nagging obligation to write something. So here I am...
I got sick on Wednesday, spent Thursday at home, and then went back to work today even though I still didn't feel too hot. We were all moving desks/offices at work today as a result of year-end promotions. Since I got promoted, I got to move from a cubicle to an office, which I'm sharing with another Senior... so I wanted to be at work to make sure no one messed with my desk on moving day.
So anyway... now that it's the new year, my vision insurance coverage starts over and I can get a new prescription and new lenses! Yes, I'm a TOTAL dork. Who gets that excited about new glasses?! Much to my concern, my vision has become blurry and strained since my last check-up, which was only last March! Thankfully my doctor said further worsening can be prevented... I have to have 2 pairs of glasses! I feel like an old lady! Since I'm near-sighted, I'll have a pair of distance glasses for regular use. Then I'll need "computer glasses" for reading, doing work up-close and working on computers. (In case you cared, these will allow my eye muscles to relax when I'm not looking in the distance.) And because I am super sensitive to the sun, I like prescription sunglasses. AND because I'm young and want to switch it up when I go out (if ever), I got contacts. Yeah, so all said and done, I spent about $850 at the optometrist today!! My insurance covered the cost of contacts (fittings, follow-up, etc) and then I had to pay out of pocket for 3 pairs of lenses. And this doesn't even include frames. I brought in my own frames to get the new lenses "installed" in. Well, hopefully since I'll be preventing further worsening of my vision by wearing two different kinds of glasses, I won't have to spend the big bucks again next year!
I was thinking I could get a chain to go around my neck so I could hang my alternate glasses on them... You know, wearing my "computer glasses" and hanging the distance glasses around my neck so they're accessible when I need them! LOL. Could you imagine?
Sorry this was boring, but at least it was something, Salome! I'll get back to being witty when I'm feeling better.
Julie
3 comments:
Hooray! Welcome back Julie!
I totally get excited about new glasses. But then I don't wear them out of the house because they are coke bottles. But they're pretty hip bottles, if I do say.
Whoops, forgot!
CONGRATS on the promotion!!!
julie wassup lost for long
Post a Comment