Sunday, February 10, 2008

Music makes life better

The Grammy's are on, and Carrie Underwood is performing, so I've been inspired to write a bit about my new favorites. In addition to getting a new iPod for Christmas, I got some iTunes giftcards, so I've been spending a lot of time on the iTunes store.

The albums I've purchased in the last few months are:
  • Alicia Keys "As I Am" My favorite song is "Lesson Learned" featuring John Mayer. You should see me singing in the car when that one comes on the iPod.
  • Colbie Caillat "Coco"
  • Sara Bareilles "Little Voice" - I can't get enough of "Love Song"
  • A Fine Frenzy "One Cell in the Sea"
  • Kip Fox "Astronaut" - Kip is an old friend from college, and he has an amazing voice.
  • Carrie Underwood "Some Hearts" - I know this is her first album, which was released a couple years ago, but I just decided to purchase it last week.
  • Yael Naim - I didn't buy her album, but I may at some point in the future. She is the unique talent behind the song "New Soul," which is currently featured on Apple's MacBook Air commercial. Her other hit sing, "Far Far" was the iTunes free song of the week this week.
Unfortunately I'm going into the third week of my car being in the body shop. The rental car I'm driving doesn't have an AUX port where I can plug my iPod in, so I have only been listening to it on my speakers at work. I haven't been to the gym either since the car accident. I wanted to go this week, but I had to stay late at work every day. Then yesterday I slept in late and today I was too lazy to go. Hopefully I can fit a work out or two in this week.

I usually listen to R&B, hip-hop and rap, but as you can see lately I've been more into the folk, indie, pop, and country. I attribute my liking of pop-country music to my friends Taryn and Shannon who got me addicted to Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney back in college. And I think my love for John Mayer is what got me hooked on pop-rock-folk stuff like Colbie Callait, Sara Bareilles, and A Fine Frenzy. I couldn't get through a music post without mentioning John Mayer. The man is a musical genius. I can't wait for him to release his next album.

Peace & love.
J

No comments: