I got in a minor car accident on January 12. No injuries, but I was sore for a while from tensing up immediately before and during impact. The car is currently in the body shop with at least $2500 in damages. The accident wasn't a huge deal, but it brought me down pretty low. I haven't felt joyful or too creative since then. My mood probably isn't based entirely on the fender bender, but it started there.
Last week I worked at a client's office in Irvine. Because the Controller was busy generating W-2s and 1099s, she essentially tried to avoid me while I was there. It's hard being the "hated" auditor. I know it has nothing to do with me personally, and everything to do with my position as the disruptor of the client's daily duties, but it still gets to me. Additionally, I was staying in a hotel so I wouldn't have to spend at least 3 hours commuting each day. While the hotel, with in-room spa tubs, was fantastic, last week was terribly lonely. I'm used to being alone since I live on my own, but last week was just too much - compounded with lingering pain from the accident and the stress of trying to get things done at work.
Sorry to be "Debbie Downer" but I just wanted to post something...
Julie
1 comment:
I hear you with the Blahs.
Well, I did hear you, and then my life exploded, but I think maybe because I am mired in the blah's.
2008 will be a great year for you. I feel it too!
Post a Comment