Friday, January 09, 2009

Harasser Update

I called the SJPD to file a police report and the officer said that I could fill out a form online or he could fax or mail a form for me to fill out and return. I opted to file the report online. Who knows if anything will happen. I may as well just change my phone number because I have a number with a different area code from where I live because I kept my phone number from college (on the Central Coast of California). My grandma has been asking if I'm going to change my number now that I've moved back to Nor Cal. I didn't plan to since it's the only number I use and I have it listed on my bills, credit cards, subscriptions, insurance, etc. But I guess it is inconvenient for all my friends and family to have to dial a long-distance number. My parents won't call me from their house; they always use their cell phones. It'll be an inconvience to change my number, but at least I won't be awakened at night by some pervert.

Also, it's weird, yes, but I'm not really grossed out by this guy and what he's doing. I'm just annoyed that he keeps calling and totally curious as to who it is. I blame our whacked culture for my desensitization. I guess I've seen Dateline's "To Catch a Predator" too many times. :(

J

1 comment:

Kori said...

I am glad to hear that you filed a report; at this point, no, probably nothing will be done, but if it continues, or if you notice anything strange going on in other areas, or god forbid if something HAPPENS, there is a record. I really, really encourage you to be aware of your surroundings and take note of anything "off," because it may be more serious than you think, and it should all be reported, no matter how small.