Friday, January 09, 2009

Meme (I so hate that word)

I think the word meme is annoying. I don't know why. I just think it's ugly.

I'm taking this meme from Kori. 7 random/weird things about myself:

1. I can't chew minty gum. It makes me nauseated. I also can't chew gum for more than about 3 minutes. I just have to spit it out.

2. I hate sandwiches. No idea why. I just do. The only sandwiches I'll eat are turkey or pastrami from Togo's. At Subway I'll only get the pastrami. Togo's is my favorite. I don't like Subway, but I do like that they have olives. Togo's doesn't.

3. Apparently it's really weird that I haven't seen any of the Lord of the Rings movies. I just don't care to. I prefer action movies and comedies over sci-fi.

4. My joints are "shallow and loose" according to an orthopedic surgeon. My knee-caps have dislocated since I was in third grade. In 10th grade I dislocated my shoulder after falling on the ski slopes. Now it's loose and has dislocated when I rolled.over.in.bed!! LAME! My knees have been pretty stable for a couple years, so I hope they stay that way! Dislocation is seriously the most traumatic thing I've ever been through. It is PAINFUL. I was very close to going into shock when my shoulder popped out in bed. I was nauseated and almost blacked out.

5. I am a total freak about spelling and grammar. I could NEVER date or marry a man who is a bad speller. Shallow, I know. I also correct people's grammar when they're speaking, and apparently people don't exactly appreciate that.

6. I am hyper-aware of my surroundings. I always notice if someone drops something or if they leave something behind, and I'm the nice kind of person who will let you know. But at the same time, my hyper-awareness is annoying to people. Just the other day my friend (a guy) hocked a loogey in my presence and I said, "Wow. That was sexy." and he said, "Gah, why do you have to notice EVERY single little thing?!" (But in my opinion hocking a loogey is way more annoying that me saying, "that was sexy." LOL)

7. I LOVE office supplies and well organized spreadsheets. Yes, I'm a nerd. I love accounting and auditing. I'm so lucky to have discovered it at a young age and to have had the opportunity and the brains to get into a good school that helped launch me into the workforce. :)

Peace and love.
J

5 comments:

April said...

I haven't seen any of the Lord of the Rings either. Or Harry Potter, nor have I read the Twilight series.
And I adore office supplies, too!

Julie said...

Oh, yeah, I haven't seen or read any Harry Potter either. The first movie was on TV one night and I saw pieces of it. No Twilight, but my good friend told me the book was impossible to put down, so I may succumb eventually.

Kori said...

I have read all the Harry Potter books and loved them, I have read the first two tWlighlight books and liked tham, and I haven't read any of the Lord of The Rings stuff-but I have seen the movies. I love Viggo Mortenson. There, I said it out loud. I love office supplies, too. Paper, pens, the smell of ink, post its...yep, nerdy to the core.

Platypus King said...

You know, I'm SO with you on the grammar issue, and am greatly relieved that I'm not the only one with this particular idiosyncrasy.
I once joined an online dating site years ago, and when asked what I was looking for in my profile, I wrote 'Good speller'. People thought I was joking...

Anonymous said...

One, I can't believe you havn't seen LOTR.
Two, your a dork.
Three, your a nerd.


Regardless, Your Ok in my book.