Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Barack Obama, 44th President of the United States of America

Barack Obama was announced to be the 44th President of the United States of America at about 8pm PST! I am SO SO SO proud of my country right now! I'm actually crying. I am SO hopeful for the future!!! This is AMAZING!

The emotions are so overwhelming right now. America has voted a black man to be president! I have no other words. I'm just overwhelmed.

Peace and love.
J

Edited to add: I just saw that this is my 44th post. Interesting... the 44th president is announced in my 44th blog post.

3 comments:

April said...

There's actually a chance for peace now. I'm so moved and proud.

Kori said...

I don't have the words to fully describe this yet, so all I will say is damn. Life is looking good.

Salome said...

We watched with tears in our eyes, too. We are so so so proud of our countrymen and so so hopeful for the first time in many years.