I love the internet and all of its vast amazing-ness. My life would be so boring without it.
Have you ever heard of StumbleUpon? It's a plug-in for your browser that adds a toolbar with a Stumble! button. Just click the Stumble! button and you'll be taken to a random website. Rate the websites you stumble to (thumbs up or thumbs down) in order for the application to learn what your interests are so that you StumbleUpon sites that are of interest to you (and you don't end up on some dumb WWE site). There are also "Channels" so you can Stumble for only images or videos or within networks like Flickr, Wikipedia, Blogspot, CNN, Youtube, universities, US government sites, The Onion, etc.
I think my Dad is the one who told me about this a few years ago or perhaps it came with Firefox when I downloaded it. Either way, I've had it on my browser for a few years, but haven't used it much. Out of the blue of couple weeks ago I started getting emails from StumbleUpon with "Recommended Environment Sites" for me. I'm a little perplexed as to why they just started emailing me weekly, and why the email says "environment sites"... very few of the sites in the weekly emails are actually related to the environment. Regardless, I've found some pretty cool sites via StumbleUpon (and some extremely strange and random sites), so if you're bored and want to explore all the treasures that the internet has to offer, start Stumbling! And if you want to add me as your friend, I'm Jlkmustang.
Peace and love.
J
1 comment:
I have the StumbleUpon toolbar, but I rarely use it! I want to use it more often, though. I've just been so lazy about it, ack! It seems pretty cool, though!
Post a Comment