Thursday, September 03, 2009

Another Meme - 7 Things

I'm a horrible blogger... Oh, I don't know... a month and a half ago Britt tagged me to do this meme. And... um... I'm a slacker, so I haven't done it yet. But better late than never, right? And as we all say, "yay for blog fodder!"

The rules are as follows:
List 7 random facts about yourself
Tag 7 other bloggers

I'm not going to tag anyone... if you need blog fodder, please feel free to do the meme!

Fact 1: I weighed in at Weight Watchers last week and I've now had a loss for 3 consecutive weeks. Would have been 7, but I had one week where I gained. Anyway, my net loss is now 6.8 lbs! And I love the feeling I get when I see the numbers going lower on the scale! I usually wear a t-shirt and yoga pants to weigh-in, but I was running late last night and had to go directly from work, so I wore my work clothes, naturally. The leader told me I looked beautiful! Weight loss PLUS a compliment! Gotta love it!

Fact 2: As much as I want my CPA license and all I have left is one little ethics exam, the book has been sitting on my kitchen table for a couple months now. I wanted to take a break after having studied for 4 years to pass the 4 subject matter exams, but the little break seems to be going on and on... I need to get on it! Tomorrow is a company holiday, so I'll do my best to study and take a stab at the exam tomorrow and Saturday.

Fact 3: I am a total freak about spelling and grammar... And up until yesterday I fully thought, until JP informed me otherwise, that dammit was spelled "damnit". Oh, and he took quite a bit of pleasure in proving me wrong, which drives me crazy because I'm so anal about spelling! I can't be wrong! LOL.

Fact 4: If you haven't heard of comedian Chelsea Handler, you need to! She has a late night show on E! called Chelsea Lately, which is on every weeknight. At my location it's on at 11pm, and she makes me laugh EVERY NIGHT, so I try to stay up for it as often as possible. I also saw Chelsea live back in June. She's just hilarious! She has an assistant named Chuy who is a little person and has a very heavy accent as his first language is Spanish. He gets his jokes on a teleprompter, and then they always have to provide captions so you know what he's saying. I don't know if Chelsea knows ahead of time what Chuy is going to say, but she cracks up laughing every time he replies to her, and more often than not his replies are completely random but totally hilarious. Last night they were talking about Sharon Stone posing nude on the cover of a French magazine and Chelsea asks, "Chuy, you're friends with Sharon Stone aren't you?" and he says, "God no. She tried to feed me to a dragon." I just laugh my ass off at that show.

Fact 5: I love music. A LOT. I'm currently loving Colbie Caillat's new album "Breakthrough". I also re-discovered, on my iPod, a band called Mikeschair. They're a Christian music group and they have a new album out, but the one I have is a few years old. I wanted to recommend it to a friend, but I searched the web and found that it's no longer for sale! Oh well for them, at least I have it! I better go back it up. And my timeless favorite will always be John Mayer. His music is simply AMAZING. His new album "Battle Studies" is coming out November 17. I cannot wait.

*****I'm having a little bit of trouble coming up with 7 things because I'm pretty sure I already did a "weird things about me" post...*****

Fact 6: My hair is naturally curly, but I didn't know until I was a freshman in college. Kids in middle school would call me cocker spaniel because my hair was so poofy. Little did I know it was because my hair was curly and all I was doing was blow drying it. I blame my mom for not helping be slightly more stylish. I was pretty unattractive in those tween years. I only found out because my curly-haired friend said, "Girl, your hair is frizzy. Put some mousse in it and wear it curly." and I was like, what? my hair is curly?

Fact 7: This one is kind of lame, but I can't think of anything else and I want to finish this post today... I cry really easily. I don't consider myself to be sappy or uber sensitive because I'm pretty raw and can be crass at times, but some things just make me cry a river. Like just now my favorite former boss from the accounting firm (in the So Cal office) I worked at called me because I had emailed him asking a question earlier. His name is Peter and he is also my #1 reference for when potential employers need to verify my awesomeness. I've been keeping him updated on my struggles to obtain employment, so he said, "I'm really, truly sorry about your situation. I know it's tough. I think about you a lot and I have my fingers crossed for you." and he added that while he understands and completely respects my reasons for moving up to Northern California (family), but he would have been able to protect me from layoff and/or helped me more had I stayed in LA. I'm certain that had I stayed in LA, I would not have even been at risk of being laid off. And he's said before that if I move back down, he'd hire me in a heartbeat. And that... that made me cry a little bit. I am truly blessed to have a friend and colleague like Peter.

Peace and love.
J

3 comments:

mike dub said...

damnit is spelled dammit!?! dammit!

April said...

Ok, grammar queen, tell me this one. If I'm attaching two different docs in an email, is it "attached is __ and __" or "attached are ____ and _____." (I've generally gone with "attached please find.")

Kori said...

A fellow wimp...makes me sigh in delight; I cry all.the.time.