Wednesday, September 02, 2009

WTF El Torito?

The scene: Last week. Happy hour at El Torito Grill & Bar.

My friend and I split part of the bill on our cards.

My share = $23.18.

His share = $26.

Amount charged to my card per my bank statement $49.18.

Amount charged to his card per his statement $0.

Looks like maybe his card was declined after the fact so they charged my card for his portion... wtf?! Is that allowed? What's weird is that his card was initially processed because the POS created a receipt for him to sign... and I know they didn't swipe my card twice because I only have one charge on my statement; not 2.

In the mean time, I'm waiting for El Torito to call me back. And my friend is cool about it. He said he’ll bring me cash tomorrow.

Peace & love.

J

5 comments:

Julie said...

I don't know what the hell is going on, but Blogger is not letting me format this post the way I want to!!

[temper tantrum ensues]

April said...

WTH was it so expensive? I really hope there was a lot of alcohol on the bill :)
Totally sucks about the credit card thing. I once got double-charged by a restaurant. That sucked.

Julie said...

Yes, there was a sufficient amount of alcohol involved. There were 4 of us there and we stayed for 3+ hours because happy hour lasts until 8pm at El Torito! Woo hoo!

Kori said...

I have nothing useful to add, just wanted to stop and say hi. So, um, hi.

mr. nichols said...

wow. i wonder if he knew it was declined and just didn't say anything.