Just to clarify - I don't know Emma or her family. I received the message via a number of people forwarding it on. The person who wrote the original prayer request email is Kristina, who is a friend of Sophie, Emma's mom. I wrote an email to Kristina this evening asking for an update on Emma since I know all of you praying would like to know how she is doing, as would I. Here is what Kristina said:
I am overwhelmed by everyone’s commitment to making sure Emma and her family are being prayed for. Thank you so much for passing my message on to others!!
Little Emma…as of yesterday they stopped the medicines that were keeping her in her coma. And as of this morning she started to twitch her little toes and her eyelids but the doctors say that there is so much medicine in her blood that it will be a couple days before she wakes up. It is really just a hope and wait game at this point. They still do not know what the long term effects will be from this accident. All we can do is hope and pray for the best. It will be a long road I am sure for her family. I am going to see Sophie in the morning (we are going to bring them some breakfast - they have been living at the Ronald McDonald house at Children’s) and hopefully she will have some good news to share. I promise to pass any new information I have onto you as soon as I have it.
Thank you for everything,
Kristina
I will update as often as Kristina updates me. Thank you all for your continued prayers! Please forward the prayer request to all the prayer warriors you know, and feel free to link to my blog if you'd like.
Peace and love.
Julie
1 comment:
Hi Julie -
Thank you so much for being a prayer warrior for the Crew Family! We have created a blog, which includes updates on Emma & also a request for sponsorship of a walk we're doing to benefit the "Emma Crew Fund", set up to assist with the cost of medical care and treatment for Emma. Please pass on the blog link...thank you so much Julie & God Bless : ) -Wendy Snyder (mamawendysnyder@gmail.com)
http://hopeandloveforthecrewfamily.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment