My mom gave me a bunch of fresh limes from her tree yesterday, so I decided to make fresh, home-made margaritas tonight. First of all I needed tequila. Margaritas are my favorite drink, so I needed some quality tequila. I went to the grocery store, and bless it's soul, ALL of the tequila was 25% off!! I felt bad only buying one bottle, but I'm not getting paid until Friday, so maybe I better wait until then, and really, what single person needs more than one bottle of tequila in their apartment?! Then, I had this
Ingredients:
- 2 parts sugar
- 1 part water
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Dissolve the sugar into the boiling water.
- Once the sugar is dissolved completely, remove the pan from the heat.
- Allow to cool completely and bottle.
I'd seen a link for "flavor infused simple syrup" so I came back to my computer to check that out. The recipe was the same as above and listed, for example: 2lbs of sugar and 16oz of water. I thought, That's a lot of sugar... That's 1 pint glass of water and 2/5 of a bag of sugar (a 5lb bag of sugar to be exact). Oh shit!, I thought as I frantically searched for the first site I looked at. Sure enough, idiot, TWO parts SUGAR, ONE part WATER. So I quickly poured off about half the water and added more and more sugar.
I took a couple spoons full, and re-mixed my margarita with plenty of ice to cool down the simple syrup. The margarita is delicious now, in case you were wondering. (Well, with the exception of the large chunks of lime. LOL. I'm a mess!)
But seriously, I can't cook... and really, that's not even cooking - it's freaking boiling water!!!
After re-reading that post, I think I have a serious addiction to commas. I hope I'm not a comma abuser...
Peace and love.
J
P.S. El Torito called back, apologized, and said they're transferring the $26 back into my account.
2 comments:
Let's make a vow that if/when we meet, neither of us will offer to cook. Last night, following the directions on my DreamDinners, I of course forgot that it said to bake COVERED. We'll make Kori cook instead :)
Thanks a lot, guys. REALLY appreciate it. Of course, the flip side? YOU will have to clean up; I guess that evens it out some.
Want to know what we made for dinner last night? Bass in a dijon peppercorn cream sauce. For dessert? Homemade Flan. :) Jealous?
The very fact that you own a food processer makes me both laugh and be envious. But really what you should do next time is bang the limes on the counter (unpeeled) until they are quite squishy, the cut in half and squeeze the juice out. If you don't want ANY pulp in the juice, dump over a colander lined with a coffee filter. Presto, lime juice. OR you could just buy the lime juice in those containers that look like the Jolly Green Giant's testicle. Just sayin.'
Post a Comment