Hi Everyone,
A dear friend of mine, Sophie Crew has a one year old daughter named Emma. On Friday, September 18th, Emma was critically injured at her daycare. She suffered severe damage to her head and has been in a coma ever since. She has had two brain surgeries to remove parts of her skull to reduce the pressure in her head but she continues to still have high ICP which is her Intra Cranial Pressure. They had reduced the medications hoping she would begin to wake up but since then, they have had to increase those same medicines because of some of the risk with her ICP.
I have had the chance to visit little Emma in the hospital and hold her little hand. The sight just makes your heart go into your throat and obviously think about her poor parents Sophie and Tyler who have not left her bed side since that horrific Friday.
I never thought I would ever know anyone who has had to endure so much pain and heartache for a child so young. I think about my own babies, especially having Tristan so close to Emma’s age and can’t even begin to image what they are going through.
So I can’t fix Emma, but the best I can do is try and support their family the best way I know how and that is why I am reaching out to all of you. With the help of San Diego County Credit Union and my amazing friend Wendy Snyder, we have been able to open up a Fund for little Emma to help their family with their medical expenses they have/will take on through this time. Right now all they can think about is getting their baby back but we all know all of the other realities that will face them at some point.
If you are able to help this family they would so greatly appreciate it. We have set up an account through Paypal which will go directly into the “Emma Crew Fund” and can be accessed below or you can also write checks to:
SDCCU marked “Emma Crew Fund – Account #000368773100” & mailed to
San Diego County Credit Union
6545 Sequence Dr.
San Diego, CA 92121
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and hopefully you can contribute to this cause. If you are unable to at this time, please just pray for this little girl and her family and pass this message on if you can!!
Sincerely,
Kristina Marchesano
My friend Wendy started a blog and has posted some recent updates on little Emma and the link to donate through Paypal (it is on the right hand side). Our families and the wonderful Company I work for, are also walking on Saturday in support of Rady’s Children’s hospital.
We have set up an email account where people can leave messages for their family:
No comments:
Post a Comment